Best adhesion values are achieved in consideration to:
- surface - temperatures - processing
When the following conditions are met:
- no mounting on substrates on which cotain o rare made of silicones, paraffins or waxes.
- Verify absence of dust.
- use substrate without plasticizer, if possible.
- Ensure dry surfaces.
- on rough, uneven surfaces use thicker, leveling tapes.
- Application temperature is optimally between 20 and 30 °C in a dry place. Avoid applying at 10 °C or less.
- Storage of the tape at room temperature.
- Provide sufficient and steady pressure.
- Processing tools (also the hands) must be free of release agents.
- Under extreme loads of splices it should be considered that especially with acrylic adhesives the maximum bond is reached only after about at least 24 hours
- Avoid exposure to constant tension in the bond